Permanent Makeup CareDotty
Permanent Makeup Care
- Don’t scratch, rub, or pick on your tattoo while it is healing, it can cause infection, color loss & scarring.
- Don’t enter a dry or steam sauna, jacuzzi or hot tubs, or chlorine swimming pool for 10 days after the procedure.
- Don’t use makeups on/near the tattooed area until it healed.
- Don’t tan your tattoo areas for 5 days prior to the procedure, while the area is healing and 2 weeks after healing.
- Don’t use Retin A as this can cause skin thinning, dryness, more susceptibility to sun burn, irritation, scaling, redness, itching, burning. Do not use AlphaHydoxy Acid or Glycolic Acid as these chemical peels can cause hyper-pigmentation, persistent redness, scarring as well as flare up of facial herpes infection known as cold sore and its side affects also include blistering, burning and skin discoloration. These side affects make the healing process more difficult and give an imperfect outcome.
- If you wear contact lenses and have eyeliners procedure done, please bring your glasses along to the appointment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, fever blisters or herpes simplex, please consult with your doctor how to use Valtrex or Zovirax to get the best result for your permanent cosmetics.
- Consult with your doctor if you are using blood thinner medication to determine timing of how early before the procedure and how long while the tattoo is healing you can dose. When blood is thin/runny, it is hard to implant the pigment into your skin, this means your skin won’t retain the pigment very well. Results are touch-up needs and shorter permanent makeup’s life.
- Only use clean Q tips and clean spatulas to apply after-care-product on your newly-tattooed- areas.
- Cover tattooed areas if exposed to direct (extreme) heat, sun, tanning bed lights- this will cause fading or color changes. Use a thicker layer of sunscreen with SPF 15 or greater, along with other covers. Sun glasses can be one of the options for eyeliner protector.
- Always keep the area clean and free of contaminated objects including your unclean-hands.
- Sleep facing upright and use a clean pillow case.
- Avoid consuming caffeine 12 hours before the procedure for more effective anesthetics.
- Bring your favorite makeup: Brows pencils, Eyeliner pencils/gel, Lipsticks colors to procedure appointment if you wish your desired permanent makeup color to match up with what you normally wear. Please also bring a head band & pony tail rubber band (if you have longer hairs) to the appointment so hairs can be kept out of your face while being tattooed.
- Use skin care products with SPF 15 or greater to protect/minimize your tattoo color from changing/fading.
- Let me know if you are allergic to latex.
- Don’t use peroxide or alcohol based products on healing tattooed areas, it will cause terrible burning sensation and swelling.
- Dry the tattooed area with gentle dabbing motions using clean paper towels and always be gentle.
- Apply an ice pack or a pack of frozen peas covered with paper towels after the procedure to reduce swelling. Apply 10-15 minutes each time. Depending on each individual’s comfort level, the times of use can be adjusted to be safe. Prolonged exposure to ice could cause tissue damage.
- Shower only with luke warm water (not too hot) and keep your vulnerable-newly-tattoo away from any direct strong water pressure sources.
- An individual’s areolae may change color in response to hormonal changes cause by menstruation. Areolae darker during pregnancy and after delivery, this varies person to person.
- Areola Repigmentation: Do not workout vigorously and do not exercise for a prolonged period time. The friction of clothing to your nipple and the areola can cause abrasion which results in pain and color loss. Prefer synthetic, smooth texture fabric one over cotton.
Back To Top